Director of Real Estate
WHRF Mission & Vision
Mission: The Walnut Hills Redevelopment Foundation (WHRF) is a non-profit community development corporation working to enhance the quality of life in Walnut Hills.
Vision: A Walnut Hills that is vibrant, safe, healthy and inclusive for all. We believe a quality place should be accessible to everyone.
- Description of Role
The position of Director of Real Estate and Economic Development will work closely with the WHRF’s Executive director, board of trustees, and a multitude of community stakeholders on key projects in Walnut Hills, Evanston, and East Walnut Hills. This position will be responsible for all of WHRF’s real estate and economic development activities.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the full spectrum of real estate responsibilities and should be able to take a project from concept to completion. The ideal candidate should have experience assembling complex finance packages using multiple finance sources including government sources, banks, CDFI, tax credits, private equity, etc. The ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of development from acquisition, feasibility, pre-development, construction, and permanent finance. The ideal candidate will have experience working with all real estate development professionals as well as community stakeholders and residents. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently, adhere to project timelines, and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Oversees and coordinates all stages of development including site research and acquisitions, feasibility analysis, pre-development, design, project financing, and construction
- Researches and secures funding to support feasibility, site acquisition, pre-development, construction, and financing phase of development
- Conducts feasibility studies and develops pro-forma financial projections. Develops detailed financial analysis and budget.
- Identifies project scope and recruits appropriate development partners when appropriate using Equity Toolkit and open RFP processes.
- Helps to attract project partners by finding ways that further the mission of the WHRF while reducing the risks associated with specific real estate deals. This could be through leading zoning changes, securing grant funding sources, master leasing ground floor commercial spaces, or other creative ways to partner.
- Develops and manages relationships with federal, state, and local funders, government agencies, community and neighborhood groups, development partners, and industry professionals.
- Represent the WHRF before government agencies, planning and zoning commissions, city council, and other community meetings to garner critical support and governmental approvals for potential projects.
- Oversees and monitors project schedules and budgets from acquisition through permanent financing
- Prepares all project payment applications to government and commercial lenders in coordination with Chief Financial Officer or other accounting staff.
- Researches new project opportunity in keeping with the WHRF mission
- Partner with Walnut Hills Business Group, Walnut Hills Area Council to implement, the City of Cincinnati, and other stakeholders to implement the Walnut Hills Reinvestment Plan.
- Work with Executive Director to ensure that all Real Estate and Economic Development activities are coordinated with the Community Engagement and Placemaking team in order to best implement project vision and goals.
- Supervise development team staff and provide direction and staff development to team.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
- Minimum of Five Years of real estate project management experience, specifically in development finance, real estate development, real estate finance, or community development required.
- Extensive experience working as a team player with a variety of partners, organizations, and stakeholders.
- Experience working with public-private real estate projects is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Mastery of MS Excel, experience working in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and GIS mapping software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated public presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Has demonstrated leadership involving program and organizational oversight, neighborhood redevelopment, and community engagement.
- Must be a self-started and have the ability to work independently and efficiently
- Exhibit a broad understanding of urban real estate development and the urban retail market.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in problem solving with the ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- When needed, must be able to work evening and weekends plus holidays to successfully manage projects and community engagement activities.
- Ability to visit construction sites/hard hat areas, including walking and maneuvering on uncompleted floor surfaces, among construction materials and debris, and climbing stairs and ladders.
Master’s and or bachelor's degree in relevant field. Extensive experience and training may substitute for education requirements.
Please email cover letter/resume to email@example.com and include your email address and phone number.