Senior Planner – Development Services
The City of Hillsboro’s Planning Department is looking for a Senior Planner in its Development Services Division. As a Development Services Planner, you will get hands on experience in a variety of land use responsibilities including:
- Reviewing development projects for residential, industrial, commercial uses that can range greatly in scale and size
- Implementing the City’s updated Comprehensive Plan through development review
- Researching and processing land use development applications, permit applications, plans, amendments, variances and related documents
- Community Development Code administration
- Presenting at public hearings and community meetings
The Successful Candidate will bring the following skills to the table:
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Exceptional customer service
- Project coordination and management
- Solid understanding of state, regional and local planning structure, processes and codes
- Leading and supporting other staff
- Preparation of staff reports, ordinances, amendments, and other technical documents and conveyance of complex technical information
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The principal function of an employee in this class is to perform advanced journey level professional planning work. Responsibilities, as assigned, include reviewing, researching and processing planning and development applications, plans, amendments, variances, and related documents; conducting transportation and traffic planning; conferring with other divisions, applicants and external agencies to resolve project issues; interpreting and communicating codes, laws and regulations, ensuring compliance with applicable standards; coordinating planning and development projects; providing support and giving presentations to the community and governing groups; preparing code amendments; preparing drawings, plans, studies, reports, and other related documents. Leadworker responsibilities are exercised over related planning support personnel.
Please visit our website, Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs, to apply online.This position is open until 5:00 p.m., Thursday, October 4, 2018. All candidates chosen to interview for the position should be prepared to interview on October 15, 2018. If necessary, the 2nd round of interviews will occur on October 26, 2018.