Director of Development - Affordable Housing
The Director of Development position is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of project managers and manage a variety of complex, multi‐family real estate development projects. This essential work furthers our mission of strengthening communities by developing, owning and managing high-quality affordable homes.
In this role, you'll oversee the day‐to‐day work of your team and provide guidance to maintain a high level of quality in accordance with BRIDGE development standards and industry best practices. You will collaborate with team leaders in other BRIDGE departments to streamline, implement and maintain processes and internal systems for reporting, data collection and staff training. Our ideal Director has significant experience leading a team and managing all aspects of the real estate development process while working with a diverse group of stakeholders.
The Director reports to the Senior Vice President of Development - Northern California.
- Supervise Project Managers and direct their work through all phases of development
- Research potential sources of project funding and assist PMs with structuring projects
- Supervise and guide contractor and consultant selection process
- Review and approve project schedules and budgets, proformas, funding applications, legal documents, financial projections, internal board approval reports, etc.
- Participate in project‐related meetings as necessary
- Provide guidance to Project Administrators
- Maintain a supportive team environment and implement team building/learning opportunities and on‐going staff training
- Collaborate with Business Development to review pipeline opportunities and assess staffing plans
- Build and maintain relationships with government agencies, joint developers, lenders and investors
- Present projects to subcommittee of Board of Directors and seek requisite approvals
- Provide regular updates to supervisor and senior management on progress of projects
- Work in cross‐functional teams to streamline, implement and maintain internal processes and procedures for reporting and database management
- Represent BRIDGE at industry‐wide events and speaking engagements as appropriate
- 5‐8 years of hands‐on experience leading a team in the development of complex mixed‐use/ mixed‐income master plan, infill multi‐family development, acquisition/rehab projects, etc.
- High level of expertise in real estate finance and deal structuring
- Strong leadership skills with ability to build relationships, manage and inspire both internal and external teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with government agencies and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Graduate degree in related field
- Hands‐on experience in the development of affordable housing projects and use of financing sources such as LIHTC, tax exempt bonds, HOME, CDBG, HUD Section 202, etc.
- Real estate development experience in Northern California
- Valid driver's license
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
BRIDGE Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.