Planning Instructor With University-Level Experience
Planetizen is seeking an experienced instructor to teach a series of foundational planning courses. The ideal candidate will be a retired planning professor with experience teaching multiple topics in planning and based in the greater Southern California region.
About Planetizen Courses
Planetizen Courses is the leading source of online professional training for the urban planning community. We offer hundreds of online courses on a wide range of topics, from law and ethics to software and programming. Have a look at https://courses.planetizen.com/
Our mission at Planetizen Courses is to make urban planning skills affordable and accessible. We accomplish these goals by collaborating with leading professionals and instructors to create high-quality video courses, available online, anytime, anywhere.
- Minimum 10+ years of teaching experience.
- Minimum 10+ years of planning, or related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in the topic(s) you propose to teach.
- Excellent computer and Internet literacy.
- Complete fluency in English.
- Availability to work approximately 8 hours per week.
- Availability to visit the Planetizen Courses studio in LA’s Koreatown once per month.
- Adapt existing classes and lectures to a video courses format.
- Work with the Planetizen Courses Producer to determine appropriate images, video, and other materials.
- Prepare and deliver talks/presentations on planning topics.
Compensation will vary depending on experience and availability but is expected to be between $20,000 and $40,000 per year.
If you may be interested in working with us, kindly submit the following to Olga Serhijchuk, Producer, Planetizen Courses, via email, email@example.com
- Your CV or resume.
- A brief introduction describing your interest.
- A summary of planning classes that you have previously taught.
- Video of you teaching (either existing recording or an informal smartphone recording introducing your favorite course)
Thanks for your potential interest in helping to make urban planning knowledge affordable and accessible.