RW Ventures, LLC is a Chicago-based firm that specializes in market-based economic development. The firm assembles interdisciplinary teams of leading experts to devise targeted economic development strategies and enterprises at the sector, neighborhood, city and regional levels. Working with businesses, civic leadership groups, governments, community organizations and foundations, the firm seeks to bridge the gap between theory and practice, driving rigorous economic and market research from a practitioner perspective, and translating results into concrete enterprises. Examples include MetroEdge, the Center for Financial Services Innovation, the Urban Markets Initiative, MyHomeEQ and the Metropolitan Business Planning initiative. (For further information, see www.rw-ventures.com.)
We seek an innovative and motivated Senior Associate with strong critical thinking, quantitative analytic, communication and project management skills. The Senior Associate is an integral part of the firm’s management, deeply engaged in all aspects of the firm’s work, from client relations to developing new products, lines of business and strategies. The position provides the opportunity to work with national experts, business, political and civic leaders to conceive and deliver major innovations at the forefront of the economic development field.
Working closely with the rest of the team, the Senior Associate will:
- Manage the firm’s projects from their conception to delivery, including: coordination of multiple, often interdisciplinary, partners; organizing, conducting and participating in project meetings; and oversight of project budgets and payments;
- Conduct client development and maintain relationships with partners and clients
- Collaborate and brainstorm with project and team members to help develop new frameworks, products, initiatives and enterprises;
- Draft memos, papers, reports and presentations describing the firm’s approach and economic framing, results of analysis and research, recommended strategies and implications for implementation;
- Draft proposals, grant requests and concept papers for potential new projects;
- Manage the work of Associates and interns, including literature reviews, field scans, etc.;
- Engage in qualitative research and analysis, including review of industry reports, market analysis and academic literature, as well as interviews with public-, private- and civic-sector economic actors;
- Perform quantitative analysis, including sophisticated statistical analyses;
- Organize, conduct and participate in project and team meetings;
- Present the firm’s work at local and national meetings and conferences; and
- Perform miscellaneous office management and administrative tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to think critically and generate new ideas;
- Analytical skills to compare and draw conclusions from complex data and material;
- Organizational and time management skills to balance multiple projects concurrently;
- Capacity to rapidly acquire new knowledge and skills;
- Ability to work as member of a team in low-structure environment;
- Project management experience;
- Knowledge in and experience applying market and economic principles related to inclusive sector, neighborhood and regional economic growth (e.g., labor market economics, cluster development, innovation economics, etc.);
- Substantial experience in economic development or a related field;
- Advanced degree related to economic development, urban policy or similar; and
- Strong quantitative skills (preferred facility with Stata, R and similar statistical software).
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package, generous holiday and vacation time and the opportunity for substantial bonuses.
To Apply: Submit cover letter, résumé and writing sample to Gretchen Kosarko at email@example.com.