Modus, Inc. is currently searching for a few highly talented and driven professionals to fill introductory level Planning Positions in our downtown San Francisco office. These positions offer an opportunity for those interested in Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Historic Preservation and Environmental Compliance to gain valuable work experience while participating on dynamic and fast-paced team-based projects.
Planning professionals will conduct research and review multiple jurisdictional zoning ordinances as it pertains to wireless telecommunication facilities. Prepare preliminary zoning/permitting analyses in accordance with jurisdictional requirements. Provide site-specific design, zoning & permitting analyses for selected sites. Prepare zoning and permit applications. Review architectural drawings and other zoning collateral. Coordinate with architects, engineers and other interdisciplinary teams as needed to obtain zoning approval. Work diligently to expedite jurisdictional approval processes & project timelines. Attend and present at site design visits, community meetings and hearings. Effectively manage and communicate ongoing project status to Modus, Inc. clients.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
· Self-motivated and have an uncompromising work ethic.
· Strong knowledge and interest in Urban Planning.
· Strong research and analytic skills.
· Highly organized and have a talent for multi-tasking.
· Possess superb written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to define and meet individual and team oriented project goals.
· Pursuing or possess a Degree in Urban & Regional Planning or related field.
· Valid Driver’s License.
· Strong computer skills utilizing MS Outlook, and reports in MS Excel.
Please send resumes to: