The Greater Bridgeport Regional Council (GBRC), a multi-discipline regional planning organization with six member communities — Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford and Trumbull is seeking a well-qualified candidate to fill the position of Transportation Planner. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the position of Transportation Planner performs professional and technical work involving the administration, advanced research and analysis, and presentation of information and recommendations on long-range land-use planning, regional planning, transportation planning, urban design and economic development issues.
• Assist with the preparation of the Regional Plan of Conservation and Development and Regional Transit-Oriented Development Strategy;
• Prepare and manage transportation/corridor plans; transit oriented development; brownfields; etc.;
• Facilitate public outreach/participation/education for various initiatives;
• Develop short- and long-range work plans, procedures, and schedules.
• Project management and contract administration
• Assist with development of work programs
• Develop project work scopes, schedules, and budgets
• Attend meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions determined by supervisor
The position requires graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in city/regional planning, transportation management, public administration or a closely related field. Master’s degree is preferred. A minimum of 5 years of recent, progressively responsible work experience is desirable. Proficiency in using the Office Suite of programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must. Ability to use ArcGIS, traffic assessment and modeling software is preferred. This is a full-time position, with benefits.
Please submit cover letter complete with salary requirements, and resume via email to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.