Brailsford & Dunlavey, a nationally recognized program management firm, is seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager who is looking for the opportunity to make an immediate impact in the New York area.
Reporting to a project executive or senior project manager, the primary focus of this position is to provide management support for a project team so it can successfully execute program management (PM) assignments for K-12 schools, secondary education facilities, and community recreation centers. Deliverables for planning assignments include master planning activities, site analyses, needs assessments, program planning, feasibility studies, financial modeling, and market analyses. Deliverables for pre-development and implementation assignments include cost estimating, construction monitoring, constructability reviews, budget reconciliation, project documentation, design management, A&E selection management, public approvals and permitting, schedule compliance and commissioning activities.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for managing smaller-scale projects and/or executing specific tasks that have been designated to him/her by a project manager(s) or project executive. All tasks shall be completed in accordance with established company protocol. He or she will manage other project team resources as required and ensure that deliverables meet the client's scope requirements in a timely and effective manner. The assistant project manager is typically the secondary management interface with the client and is charged with effectively managing that relationship.
- Manages one or more smaller-scale PM assignments. Serves as the primary point of contact with the client. Closely monitors his/her assignments and ensures successful and timely completion of project tasks and responsibilities.
- Assists with the management of larger PM assignments by performing more complicated assigned tasks, or directing or supervising the day-to-day activities of analyst or other staff assigned to his/her team. Monitors team progress and reports questions or concerns to the project manager or executive.
- Develops planning client deliverables to include research, analysis, writing, document review, or task management.
- Develops pre-development/implementation client deliverables to include cost estimating, construction monitoring, constructability reviews, budget reconciliation, project documentation, design management, A&E selection management, public approvals and permitting, schedule compliance and commissioning activities.
- Serves as the secondary management contact for clients, communicating as needed to ensure appropriate follow through.
- Participates in B&D's business development activities to include assisting with marketing activites and generating new leads.
- Performs other duties as assigned by project executives or principals.
- Additional responsibilities for this position can be found in the job description on our website.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, planning, real estate management, architecture or related field.
- Three to five years full-time program management or related experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
B&D prides itself on the quality of its staff. We recruit and select candidates who portray our core values and the following attributes:
- Willing to take intellectual, emotional, and financial risks
- Committed to excellence for excellence's sake
- Predisposed to initiate deliberate, disciplined action
- Passionate about B&D's "Hedgehog" concept
- Intellectually curious
- Of high personal integrity
- Ambitious for the firm
- Able to endure to achieve excellence
B&D offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Performance-based bonuses
- 100% company-paid PPO medical, prescription, and dental insurance premiums
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
- Company-paid contributions to a 401(k) retirement account
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Commuter benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement for professional memberships/certifications
- In-house training
- Flextime and telecommuting
To apply for this position, please visit:
Brailsford & Dunlavey is an equal opportunity employer.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.