Seven Skyscraper Design Fails
"London's "Walkie-Talkie" is melting cars... a weird story that provides more evidence of a harrowing trend: skyscrapers taking revenge on cities."
From Shanghai's "glass bombs" to the Vegas "death ray," here are seven examples of "sheer stupidity when it comes to designing and implementing high-rise buildings."
What can city leaders and architects glean from these mishaps, and how must building codes and regulations be amended so that skyscrapers cease fire on our cities?
The author includes images from the seven design fails, which include:
- Toronto's soaring skyscrapers
- Dallas Condo vs Dallas Art District
- The Arab Gulf's "Towering Infernos"
- Glass Bombs-Away in Shanghai
- Fatal Building Collapse in Shanghai
- Peek-a-Boo: (London) Shard Sees You!
- Viva Las (Vegas) Death Ray