Wednesday, August 7, 2013 - 6:35pm PDTby American Planning Association
, American Samoa
, District of Columbia
, Federated States of Micronesia
Innovative Transportation Planning tracks today's trends and looks at new developments coming around the corner. This one-day Planners Training Service workshop explores the ways smart communities are stretching leaner resources to meet more diverse transportation needs. Presenter Diana Mendes, AICP, looks at the impact MAP-21 can have on your community and your role as a planner. Steps from Chicago's iconic Loop, you'll discover where better transportation can lead your community's form, economic vitality, and quality of life.
Innovative Transportation Planning will cover:
- Recent transportation trends and future demands
- Key impacts of the new MAP-21 federal transportation law
- Coordination of transportation and land-use decision making
- Paths to overcome challenges to project implementation and delivery
- Pacesetting innovations in transportation planning and approaches
- The enhanced role of planners in advancing integrated solutions
Get on board! Book your registration by September 11.