Join us in London! The IFHP Centenary Congress
The IFHP is celebrating 100 years of dedication to cities and human settlement issues with the Centenary Congress: A tomorrow for cities - for people, by people, June 8-11 2013 in London.
Hear great speakers
An exciting cross section of profiles from the private, public an civil society sectors giving insight into what it takes to lead cities to a great tomorrow.
- Charles Landry (UK) - Owner, Comedia - the urban futures think tank
- Anil Menon (India) - President, Smart+Connected Communities and Cisco Deputy Chief Globalisation Officer
- Jay Carson (USA) - Executive Director for C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group and Senior Advisor to Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Richard Blakeway (UK) - Deputy Mayor for Housing, Land and Property, London
- Ilmar Reepalu (SWE) - Mayor of the City of Malmö
- Mark Watts (UK) - Director of Energy and Climate Change, ARUP
- Toby Lloyd (UK) - Head of Policy for Shelter
- Mitchell Silver (USA) - President, American Planning Association
- Dr. Koon Hean Cheong (Singapore) - CEO (HDB) and Deputy Secretary (Special Duties), MND Housing & Development Board in Singapore
- Kent Martinussen (DK) - Chief Executive, Danish Architecture Centre
- Kate Henderson (UK) - Chief Executive, TCPA
About the congress
A prospective view of cities; profiling the important role of urban governance, reflecting on lessons of the past and asking what tomorrow holds for human settlements, how the future of cities can be shaped, and what practical solutions are required to establish the sustainable societies of tomorrow.
Overarching themes: Resilient Cities, Inclusive Cities and Cities In Transition each dealing with challenges oriented from the multiple demands of growing urban populations, economics, social, demographic, environmental and political issues, and aiming to present an inspiring, positive vision and exploration of solutions to address these challenges.
An innovative programme of lectures, study tours and interactive events creating opportunities to share, discuss and develop solution-orientated knowledge for a better urban future.
June 8th Saturday
Pre-Congress Study Tour – Letchworth Garden City
June 9th Sunday
Pre-Congress Study Tour – East London. Sustainia event and Congress Opening Ceremony in East London
June 10th Monday
Conference Day 1 – Opening Plenary,Parallel Sessions and Study Tours
June 11th Tuesday
Conference Day 2 – Plenary and Parallel Sessions. Vision for the Future and Closing Reception
June 12th Wednesday
Post-Congress Study Tour – Welwyn Garden City
Places are limited on each tour so reserve your place now to avoid disappointment.
Congress Registration Information
>> Register now for the congress
>> Fees and registration for the Centenary Congress
IFHP-membership - free of charge for the IFHP centenary year 2013
>> Become an IFHP member now and profit from the reduced member rate.
The main venue for the congress will be University College London (UCL), Gower Street, the Wilkins Building, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom.
The official Twitter hashtag: #ifhplondon @IFHP
Looking forward to seeing you at the congress.