The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) recently launched the newly redesigned RestoreYourEconomy.org to equip economic development professionals with practical information and tools for retaining local employment, restoring lost jobs and promoting sustainable, long-term economic recovery after a disaster.
Recent events show that no community is immune to a major economic disruption as disasters can happen anywhere, anytime! To better assist communities, IEDC developed RestoreYourEconomy.org as a one-stop resource for economic development organizations and chambers of commerce seeking to assist businesses after a disaster, to rebuild their local economy, and encourage resiliency among local businesses and government.
The new RestoreYourEconomy.org features:
• A new appearance, with enhanced functionality and improved navigation;
• Videos featuring interviews of economic recovery practitioners as well as recordings of training sessions;
• Learn section to download recent webinar recordings from 2012 webinar series;
• Preparedness advice on action steps to take in advance of a disaster to become more resilient;
• Recovery suggestions on how to deliver financial and technical assistance to impacted businesses, develop an economic recovery plan and navigate federal assistance programs;
• Resources, including publications with practical advice, news articles, links to valuable websites, and free training resources;
• Case studies, featuring communities that have turned their local economies around and emerged strong and better prepared;
• ‘Suggest a Resource' option to submit ideas for site.
The RestoreYourEconomy.org project is funded in part by the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA).
Visit and bookmark RestoreYourEconomy.org today!