Free Technical Assistance workshops from Smart Growth America
Communities interested in learning about smart growth strategies are welcome and encouraged to submit an application for one of our 12 technical assistance tools:
- Implementing smart growth 101
- Planning for economic and fiscal health
- Regional planning for small communities
- Sustainable land use code audit
- Smart growth zoning codes for small cities
- Complete streets
- Walkability workshop/audit
- Transportation performance measurement
- Parking audit
- Implementing transit-oriented development 101
- Cool planning: local strategies to slow climate change
- Using LEED-ND to accelerate the development of sustainable communities
Any unit or subdivision of local government, Indian tribe, or regional government is eligible to apply for these free workshops. Communities should select one workshop per application; applicants may submit additional applications for more than one workshop. The deadline for applications is October 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM EDT.
In September, we held a webinar that about the technical assistance programs, processes, and application timeline. More information is available there. If you have any other questions, feel free to email assistance [at] smartgrowthamerica [dot] org.
About the program
Smart Growth America's technical assistance is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Sustainable Communities under the Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities Program. The Building Blocks program funds quick, targeted assistance to communities that face common development problems. Three other nonprofit organizations - Forterra, Global Green USA and Project for Public Spaces - also received competitively awarded grants under this program this year to help communities get the kinds of development they want.