Collapsed Bridge Reborn

Just over a year since its deadly collapse, the rebuilt Interstate 35W bridge in Minneapolis is scheduled to reopen as early as next week.
September 11, 2008, 6am PDT | Nate Berg
Share Tweet LinkedIn Email Comments

"Construction on the $234 million project began on Nov. 1, three months to the day after the old bridge collapse collapsed into the Mississippi River on the edge of downtown Minneapolis. The contractually committed date of completion is Dec. 24, 2008."

"The replacement span 'will be high-quality, safe and last for at least 100 years,' MnDOT said."

"Late last month, the National Transportation Safety Board said it is close to identifying the cause of last summer's collapse and plans to discuss its findings at a public hearing in Washington on Nov. 13."

Full Story:
Published on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 in Minneapolis-St. Paul Star-Tribune
Share Tweet LinkedIn Email