Intern - Community Development
Town of Fishers
Posted on: Mar 18, 2013
The Town of Fishers Department of Community Development’s planning division is seeking an intern to fill a full time paid internship position beginning summer 2013. Internship will encompass economic development, planning and zoning enforcement. Projects the Interns would contribute to include the following:
TRANSPORTATION PLAN 2030
- Compilation of an inventory of the existing pedestrian and bicycle network in Town. This base information will be used to update the Transportation Plan in the fall.
BICYCLE FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
- Support the Town’s pursuit of designation as a Bicycle Friendly Community.
PUBLIC ART STANDARDS
- Assist in the development of public art standards for Fishers.
- Research public art maintenance & installation standards for use in the downtown area.
LAND USE INVENTORY
HISTORIC REVIEW OF CURRENT ZONING CLASSIFICATIONS
- Conduct a comprehensive review of all historic zoning actions that have been approved by the Town of Fishers to ensure the accuracy of our existing zoning database. Note: technical skill requirements include ArcMap, AutoCAD and the ability to map legal descriptions.
LAND USE CONFLICT ANALYSIS
- Conduct a comparative analysis of the results of the land use inventory and zoning review in order to identify existing and potential land-use conflicts.
TRAILS AND PATHS INVENTORY
COMMERCIAL BUSINESS INVENTORY
- Conduct an analysis of the Town’s existing commercial business and enter the data as point values in ArcMap. This project will involve the creative use of existing data sources (InfoUSA, Fishers Chamber, etc) to build the dataset.
Coursework completed in urban planning, architecture or landscape architecture, or closely related field. Proficiency in Microsoft office, InDesign, and GIS. Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop also preferred.
Flexible scheduling available. $12/hr for undergrad intern; $15/hr for graduate intern.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
Copyright © 2000-2014 Urban Insight. All Rights Reserved