$40,000 - $45,000
The City of Baltimore Department of Planning, Research and Strategic Planning is seeking to fill a one-year contractual GIS Analyst position to help develop and produce digital and hardcopy computer-generated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data and custom map products for the City of Baltimore.
The candidate must be knowledgeable of principles and techniques of GIS concepts, procedures and applications, including data analysis, transfer and formatting. The ideal candidate will also be knowledgeable of Adobe suite or other presentation programs and computer-aided drafting and design software such as AutoCAD.
- Develop and produce digital and hardcopy computer-generated GIS data and custom map products; assist and advise City agency staff on GIS projects and mapping requests; prepare and set up exhibits for Area Master Plans.
- Utilize GIS software to perform complex spatial analysis and queries; analyze spatial applications.
- Complete the final version of the new zoning maps; maintain the online mapping and public comment system for zoning along with the Mayor’s Office of Information Technology.
- Design and create accurate cartographic products in response to the news media, public events, public safety and natural disaster emergencies.
- Research computerized cartographic and related mapping techniques and procedures through the Internet and GIS related publications.
- Serve as a department resource for ArcView 10 and other related programs.
- Reformat and deliver completed GIS digital data to City agencies through disk media or City intranet; respond to agency requests for GIS technical assistance.
- Gather GIS data and develops file and database structures; store, maintain and update GIS digital and hardcopy documents, records and files; update current GIS mapping features and information by adding, modifying and deleting items as needed; update and maintain the Master Establishment File database; analyze data and prepare reports.
- Develop training materials and train GIS users.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Urban Planning or closely related field from an accredited college or university with GIS coursework. Some GIS experience is preferred.
How To Apply: Qualified individuals must email a cover letter and a resume specifically addressing qualifications relevant to this position to email@example.com. Please specify “GIS Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: February 22, 2013
This position requires satisfactory completion of drug and alcohol screening. Selected applicant will be subject to a criminal background investigation and education verification.
An Equal Opportunity Employer