Senior Communications Analyst
Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC)
Looking for a great communicator and writer who is passionate about urban economic development.
The Senior Communications Analyst responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage ICIC's What Works for Cities campaign, including identifying best practices, writing online summaries, organizing webinars, building economic development audiences, and planning successful events;
- Lead staff working group for ICIC's annual Inner City Economic Summit including, developing potential partnerships with corporate and peer organizations, curating panel topics, identifying and securing event speakers and audience participants, and overseeing event logistics;
- Research relevant urban economic and business development publications, websites and conferences to uncover new thinking, best practices, policies and events in the urban economic development space;
- Partner with ICIC's communications team to implement its digital/social media plan, including updating social media channels, developing relevant blog content, monitoring and sparking online discussions and overseeing the delivery of content via webinars;
- Distill ICIC's research findings and case studies into content for ICIC's website, white papers, presentations and conferences;
- Develop and manage partnerships with like organizations who can be either content or distribution partners.
The desired candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in a relevant field of study (Public Policy, City Planning, Economics, Urban Sociology) and a minimum of 3-5 years work experience;
- An established understanding of economic development and issues impacting job creation and business growth;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly summarize and synthesize complex topics;
- Experience in marketing with web 2.0 technologies;
- Effective qualitative research skills with a particular focus on researching and writing about policies, current events, strategies and publications;
- Ability to jump in and support ICIC research and advisory (consulting) practice on an ad-hoc basis as needed;
- Experience coordinating both local and national events.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. ICIC is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is competitive and commensurate with the candidate's level of experience. This a full-time position based at ICIC's new location in Boston's Dudley Square.
Copyright © 2000-2014 Urban Insight. All Rights Reserved