sought for work on the following projects:
- Regional transit plan
- Development and modeling of bus route changes
- Campus transportation demand management strategy
- Transportation plans, studies, and projects
- Hiking trail development
- Tree canopy analysis and enhancement plan
- Non-point source pollution (e.g. transportation-caused surface runoff) mitigation
- Statistical and GIS-based analysis
- Fieldwork (vehicular, cyclist, and pedestrian counts; turning counts, walking audits)
- Other projects and general office tasks as needed
The successful applicant will have a BA/BS from an accredited college/university in one of the following fields:
- Environment/natural resources,
- Civil engineering;
or in a related field with one years' experience; or other combinations of education and experience judged equivalent by the Executive Director. An MA/MS is highly preferred.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of transportation, including ridership modeling and optimization of transit routes/systems
- Knowledge of environmental management/science/policy
- Excellent computer skills, including GIS and scripting/programming
- Mastery of statistical and spatial data analysis
- Excellent speaking, writing, and proofreading skills in English
- Critical thinking
- Fast learner
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the region
The following is desirable:
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Polish
Applicants MUST have the following in order to be considered:
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- PERMANENT eligibility to work in the United States (CCRPA is unable to sponsor employees.)
Annual salary of $40,000 (35-hour workweek), plus benefits.
How to apply
- Send a cover letter, resume, and application form to Mr. Francis R. Pickering by e-mail to email@example.com.
- The subject of your e-mail must read Assistant Planner – X, where X is your name.
- Applications must be received by February 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM ET.
- Applicants will receive an e-mailed response after the close of the application period. CCRPA may contact applicants for a writing sample, personal interview, and/or skills evaluation.