Urban Planning, Urban Design, or Architecture Blogger
Global Site Plans
Posted on: Nov 16, 2012
Six-month internship opportunity for blogging about topics related to architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design, sustainable design, and more.
Your blogs will be distributed through http://www.globalsiteplans.com/the-grid, Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/globalsiteplans), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/globalsiteplans), and LinkedIn. This is a great way to gain visibility as you enter the public and private workforce, or to further develop yourself professionally.
• 6-month or 1-year commitment, contractually;
• 2 blogs per month, biweekly (12 blogs in total for 6-months);
• Uninterrupted Internet and computer access, must check email daily;
• 250-350 word maximum blogs, submitted in Word format for review and editing;
• Excellent English and writing skills;
• Passion for the topics you write about;
• Ability to work under deadlines and meet them – very important that dates set for blog submission are honored.
• Increased knowledge and exposure to blogging career opportunities;
• Ability to utilize WordPress blogging software – increased knowledge of functionality and features;
• Increased comfort writing within word count constraints;
• Obtain editorial feedback to improve your writing skills;
• Branding yourself on the Internet and creating exposure for job opportunities;
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please complete and email the application components to Global Site Plans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Submit a Resume and Cover Letter;
2. Submit a writing sample regarding an environmental design topic;
3. Submit 12 topics that you are interested in blogging about (Topic ideas should be related to where you are currently live so this may take a bit of research on your part);
4. Like Global Site Plans on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/globalsiteplans);
5. In the subject line of your email, put BLOGGING INTERNSHIP.
Apply by December 9, 2012.
This is an unpaid and a virtual internship which can be completed from home.
Copyright © 2000-2013 Urban Insight. All Rights Reserved