Hanoi 2030

A consortium of consultants has released an ambitious urban development plan for Hanoi City in Vietnam, including an extensive green corridor.

"The proposal aims at development that embodies four ‘pillars of sustainability' – economic, environmental, social and cultural, and emphasizes preservation of a ‘green corridor' in the rich rice growing areas of the former Ha Tay Province. (Ha Tay, to the west of the city center, was annexed to Hanoi a year ago.)"

"PPJ [the consultants] suggested two options, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Integral to both is the concept of a ‘green corridor' that will cover 60 percent of the area of the new capital city, leaving 40 percent for intensive development."

Thanks to ArchNewsNow

Full Story: Experts surprised by audacity of proposed Hanoi master plan

Comments

Comments

Monumental axis

We would like to hear international opinions about the proposed monumental axis, cutting through green belt, connecting downtown Hanoi with satellite urban centers.

http://hanoi.org.vn/planning/archives/category/press
__________
Dr. Ngo-Viet Nam-Son International planning & architecture consultant (North America & Asia)

Prepare for the AICP Exam

Join the thousands of students who have utilized the Planetizen AICP* Exam Preparation Class to prepare for the American Planning Association's AICP* exam.
Starting at $245
Planetizen Courses image ad

Planetizen Courses

Advance your career with subscription-based online courses tailored to the urban planning professional.
Starting at $16.95 a month
Book cover of the Guide to Graduate Planning Programs 4th Edition

Thinking about Grad School?

New! 4th Edition of the Planetizen Guide to Graduate Urban Planning Programs just released.
Starting at $24.95
Wood necklace with city map

City Necklaces

These sweet pendants are engraved on a cedar charm with a mini map of selected cities. The perfect gift for friends and family or yourself!
$28.00